The Importance of Babywearing
Holding, cuddling and carrying infants from birth is an integral part of healthy human development. Although we often hear people refer to the "benefits" of babywearing, the security, comfort and close physical contact that goes along with it is a basic human need and not an added benefit. Your newborn needs the warmth and scent of your skin, the soothing sound of your voice and your heart beat. The absence of this loving connection can be very detrimental to a child's well-being.
The 4th trimester is the first three months in which a newborn is adjusting to life outside the womb. A stretchy, tight fitting baby wrap like the Hugging Hazel replicates the warmth, safety and containment experienced inutero, creating a solid foundation of security. Wearing your baby this way, nurtures their ability to develop new skills required to interact with their world.
We introduced the Hugging Hazel baby wrap to help facilitate and meet those needs. Our innovative pull-over wrap offers comfort, convenience and uncompromising quality and allows everyone to wear their baby with confidence!
The Hugging Hazel Baby Wrap Carrier offers the following benefits over the other leading baby wraps:
- An easy pull-over design that requires no wrapping, twisting or tying.
- Premium certified organic fabric that is extremely soft, lightweight and breathable, temperature regulating, and safe for babies to suck on.
- An innovative design that is stylish and form fitting for both men and woman.
- Designed with inclusivity in mind, making babywearing accessible to those who may be limited in mobility or those who have exceptionalities that make wrapping and tying difficult, if not impossible.
- Recognized by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as a Hip Healthy Product.
- Designed and created by a Registered Early Childhood Educator, past Assistant to the Developmentally Handicapped, Trained Babywearing Consultant, and the mother of a child who required special care as a newborn.